COVID-19 in Renal Transplantation
Journal of Pediatric Nephrology,
Vol. 8 No. 3 (2020),
During the end of 2019 a group of patients with pneumonia were described in Wuhan city of china with progression to ARDS with variable outcome. Mortality rate was higher in the oldest and in those with comorbid conditions. Kidney transplant recipients as a group of immunocompromised hosts are believed to be a high risk group in case of infection by SARS-CoV-19 virus with unfavorable outcome. On the other hand cytokine storm with its severe inflammatory response as a major risk factor of mortality may be prevented by ongoing immunosuppressive therapy .Our knowledge about the pathophysiology and treatment options of COVID-19 in kidney transplant recipients are growing on daily bases and at the time being is derived mainly from the few published case reports, reviews and some society guidelines in the published literature.
- Kidney Transplantation
How to Cite
-Guan WJ, Ni ZY, Hu Y, Liang WH, Ou CQ, He JX, et al. Clinical Characteristics of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in China. N Engl J Med. 2020 Feb 28. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa2002032. [Epub ahead of print]
-Situation Report – 55 [cited 2020 Mar 16].Available from: https: //www.who.int/docs/
-Wu C, Chen X, Cai Y, et al. Risk Factors Associated With Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome and Death in Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019 Pneumonia in Wuhan, China. JAMA Intern Med 2020.
-Chiu MC. Suggested management of immunocompromized kidney patients suffering from SARS. Pediatr Nephrol (2003) 18:1204–1205
- AlGhamdi M, Mushtaq F, Awn N,Shalhoub S. MERS-CoV Infection in Two Renal Transplant Recipients: Case Report. American Journal of Transplantation 2015; 15: 1101–1104
-COVID-19 infection in kidney transplant recipients Debasish Banerjee, Joyce Popoola, Sapna Shah, Irina Chis Ster,Virginia Quan and Mysore Phanish. Kidney International (2020) -, -–-; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.kint.2020.03.018
- P. Toby Coates , Germaine Wong , Tilman Drueke , Brad Rovin, Pierre Ronco, et al. Early experience with COVID-19 in kidney transplantation Kidney International (2020) -, -–-; https://doi.org/10.1016/j.kint.2020.04.001 (Article in Press)
- Soler MJ(Medscape)
- Alberici F, Delbarba E, Manenti C, Econimo L, Valerio F ,et al. Management Of Patients On Dialysis And With Kidney Transplant During SARS-COV-2 (COVID-19) Pandemic In Brescia, Italy.Kidney Int Rep. 2020 Apr 4. doi: 10.1016/j.ekir.2020.04.001. [Epub ahead of print] Review.
- Cheng Y, Luo R, Wang K, Zhang M, Wang Z , Dong L, Li J, Yao Y , Ge S, Xu G . Kidney disease is associated with in-hospital death of patients with COVID-19. Kidney Int. 2020 Mar 20. pii: S0085-2538(20)30255-6. doi: 10.1016/j.kint.2020.03.005. [Epub ahead of print]
- McCreary EK, Pogue JM. Coronavirus Disease 2019 Treatment: A Review of Early and Emerging Options.Open Forum Infect Dis. 2020 Mar 23;7(4):ofaa105. doi: 10.1093/ofid/ofaa105. eCollection 2020 Apr.
- Cai Q , Yang M , Liu D , Chen J ,Shu D, et al. Experimental Treatment with Favipiravir for COVID-19: An Open-Label
Control Study. Engineering Available online 18 March 2020.In Press, Corrected Proof
- Chenguang Shen, Zhaoqin Wang, Fang Zhao, Yang Yang, Jinxiu Li,et al. Treatment of 5 Critically Ill Patients With COVID-19 With Convalescent Plasma. JAMA. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.4783 Published online March 27, 2020.
- Wang J, Li X , Cao G , Wu X, Wang Z , Yan T.COVID-19 in a Kidney Transplant Patient. Eur Urol(2020), https://doi.org/10.1016/j. eururo.2020.03.036
-Banerjee D, Popoola J, Shah S,, Chis Ster I, Quan,Vand , Phanish M. COVID-19 infection in kidney transplant recipients. Kidney Int. 2020 Apr 9
doi: 10.1016/j.kint.2020.03.018 [Epub ahead of print]
-British transplantation guidelines (BTS) Guidance on the management of transplant recipients diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID19 Updated 17 th April 2020
-Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and supply of substances of human origin in the EU/EEA) 20 march2020
- Abstract Viewed: 104 times
- PDF Downloaded: 127 times