Down-regulation of TP53 Is a Highlighted Molecular Event in Gastric Ulcer
Gastroenterology and Hepatology from Bed to Bench,
Background: Gastric ulcer as an acid related gastrointestinal disease is known as a one of the most public gastrointestinal disorders.
Aim: Explore the crucial dysregulate proteins and biochemical pathways in gastric ulcer is the main aim of this projects.
Methods: Number of 100 proteins from STRING database were analyzed by cytoscape and its applications to find the central proteins and also the related biochemical pathways. Action map analysis was applied to explore regulatory relationship between the critical proteins.
Results: Common results of network analysis and gene ontology revealed that IL6, ALB, TNF, INS, IL1B, IL10, TP53, CXCL8, and PTGS2 are the highlighted related proteins in gastric ulcer. Six clusters of biochemical pathways including “Response to external stimulus”, “multicellular organismal process”, “regulation of biological quality”, “cellular response to stimulus”, “cellular response to chemical stimulus”, and “transport” were identified as the dysregulated pathway in patients.
Conclusion: It seems that down-regulation of TP53 by IL2, PTGS2, and TNF is a main process that occurs in patients.
- Gastric ulcer; Network analysis; Protein; TP53; human.
How to Cite
2. Takahashi N, Take Y. Tegoprazan, a novel potassium-competitive acid blocker to control gastric acid secretion and motility. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 2018;364(2):275-86.
3. Ratre YK, Kahar N, Bhaskar L, Bhattacharya A, Verma HK. Molecular mechanism, diagnosis, and potential treatment for novel coronavirus (COVID-19): a current literature review and perspective. 3 Biotech. 2021;11(2):1-24.
4. Syam AF, Sadikin M, Wanandi SI, Rani AA. Molecular mechanism on healing process of peptic ulcer. Acta Med Indones. 2009;41(2):95-8.
5. Tianjiao L, Shuai W, Xiansheng M, Yongrui B, Shanshan G, Bo L, et al. Metabolomics coupled with multivariate data and pathway analysis on potential biomarkers in gastric ulcer and intervention effects of corydalis yanhusuo alkaloid. Plos one. 2014;9(1):e82499.
6. Huang Q, Huang Q, Chen W, Wang L, Lin W, Lin J, et al. Identification of transgelin as a potential novel biomarker for gastric adenocarcinoma based on proteomics technology. Journal of cancer research and clinical oncology. 2008;134(11):1219-27.
7. Szklarczyk D, Morris JH, Cook H, Kuhn M, Wyder S, Simonovic M, et al. The STRING database in 2017: quality-controlled protein–protein association networks, made broadly accessible. Nucleic acids research. 2016:gkw937.
8. Clough E, Barrett T. The gene expression omnibus database. Statistical genomics: Springer; 2016. p. 93-110.
9. Zamanian–Azodi M, Rezaei–Tavirani M, Hasanzadeh H, Rad SR, Dalilan S. Introducing biomarker panel in esophageal, gastric, and colon cancers; a proteomic approach. Gastroenterology and Hepatology from bed to bench. 2015;8(1):6.
10. Amiri-Dashatan N, Rezaei-Tavirani M, Ahmadi N. A quantitative proteomic and bioinformatics analysis of proteins in metacyclogenesis of Leishmania tropica. Acta tropica. 2020;202:105227.
11. Karbalaei R, Piran M, Rezaei-Tavirani M, Asadzadeh-Aghdaei H, Heidari MH. A systems biology analysis protein-protein interaction of NASH and IBD based on comprehensive gene information. Gastroenterology and hepatology from bed to bench. 2017;10(3):194.
12. Shannon P, Markiel A, Ozier O, Baliga NS, Wang JT, Ramage D, et al. Cytoscape: a software environment for integrated models of biomolecular interaction networks. Genome research. 2003;13(11):2498-504.
13. Tavirani MR, Bashash D, Rostami FT, Tavirani SR, Nikzamir A, Tavirani MR, et al. Celiac disease microarray analysis based on system biology approach. Gastroenterology and Hepatology from bed to bench. 2018;11(3):216.
14. Yin L, Wang Y, Guo X, Xu C, Yu G. Comparison of gene expression in liver regeneration and hepatocellular carcinoma formation. Cancer management and research. 2018;10:5691.
15. Chovancova E, Pavelka A, Benes P, Strnad O, Brezovsky J, Kozlikova B, et al. CAVER 3.0: a tool for the analysis of transport pathways in dynamic protein structures. 2012.
16. Soerohardjo I, Widodo I, Heriyanto DS, Zulfiqqar A, Anwar SL. Down-regulation of RB1 and TP53 as potential predicting biomarkers for castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC): Indonesian retrospective cohort study. Annals of Medicine and Surgery. 2020;60:549-54.
17. Reaven GM. Role of insulin resistance in human disease. Diabetes. 1988;37(12):1595-607.
18. Saisana M, Griffin SM, May FE. Insulin and the insulin receptor collaborate to promote human gastric cancer. Gastric Cancer. 2021:1-17.
19. Liu S, Liu J-W, Sun L-P, Gong Y-H, Xu Q, Jing J-J, et al. Association of IL10 gene promoter polymorphisms with risks of gastric cancer and atrophic gastritis. Journal of International Medical Research. 2018;46(12):5155-66.
20. Sun L, Yin H, Liu M, Xu G, Zhou X, Ge P, et al. Impaired albumin function: a novel potential indicator for liver function damage? Annals of medicine. 2019;51(7-8):333-44.
21. Aziz RS, Siddiqua A, Shahzad M, Shabbir A, Naseem N. Oxyresveratrol ameliorates ethanol-induced gastric ulcer via downregulation of IL-6, TNF-α, NF-ĸB, and COX-2 levels, and upregulation of TFF-2 levels. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy. 2019;110:554-60.
- Abstract Viewed: 0 times