Predicting health-related quality of life in women with infertility based on alexithymia, sexual satisfaction due to the mediating role of perceived infertility stigma
Researcher Bulletin of Medical Sciences,
Vol. 26 No. 1 (2021),
The present study predicts health-related quality of life in women with infertility based on alexithymia, sexual satisfaction with respect to the mediating role of perceived infertility stigma. The method of this research was descriptive (non-experimental) and the research design was a correlation of structural equations. The statistical population of the present study was infertile women in Tehran in 1399. The sample size was 250 and according to the formula for determining the sample size (1992). The research instruments included standard questionnaires such as Weber (1992), Bagby, Parker & Tyler (1994), Larson (1988) and Perceived Stigma of Infertility (2014). Data analysis was performed using SmartPLS software. The results showed that perceived stigma of infertility had a mediating role in the relationship between mood variables and sexual satisfaction with health-related quality of life in women with infertility.
- : Health-related quality of life; Women with infertility; Mood dysfunction; Sexual satisfaction; Perceived infertility stigma
How to Cite
2. Hosseini, Jalil; Emadeddin, Majid; Mokhtarpour, Hooman and Sorani, Mohammad. (1391). Prevalence of primary and secondary infertility in four selected provinces of the country in 2010. Journal of Women, Midwifery and Infertility, 15 (29): 1-7.
3. Fekri, Akram; Isa Zadegan, Ali; Mikaeli, Farzaneh. (1394). Comparison of cognitive emotion regulation strategies and emotional malaise in people with essential hypertension and non-patients. Contemporary Psychology, 10 (1): 85-94.
4. Firoozhajian, Ali Asghar; Mohsen Dehghanhadad. (1394). Relationship and effect of objective quality of life on quality of mental life. Quarterly Journal of Socio-Cultural Development Studies, 3 (4): 157-184.
5. Karimi Taft, Mojgan; Alimandgari, Malijeh; Saeed Madani, Mohsen (1396). Demographic-social aspects of infertility: A qualitative study among infertile men and women in Yazd. Master Thesis in Demography, Faculty of Social Sciences, Yazd University.
6. Chan, JL. Letourneau, J. Salem, W. Cil, AP. Chan, S. (2015). Sexual satisfaction and quality of life in survivors of localized cervical and ovarian cancers following fertility-sparing surgery. Gynecol Oncol, 139(1):141-7.
7. Davis, M. Ventura, JL. Wieners, M. Covington, SN. Vanderhoof, VH. Ryan, ME. (2010). The psychosocial transition associated with spontaneous 46, XX primary ovarian insufficiency: illness uncertainty, stigma, goal flexibility, and purpose in life as factors in emotional health. Fertil Steril, 93:2321-9.
8. Donkor, E. Sandall, J. (2007). The impact of perceived stigma and mediating social factors on infertility-related stress among women seeking infertility treatment in Southern Ghana. Soc Sci Med, 65:1683-94.
9. Fayer, P, M. Machin, D. (2009). Quality of Life the Assessment Analysis and interpretation of patientreported outcomes. Jhon Willy: NewYork.
10. Fekkes, M. Buitendijk, SE. Verrips, GH. Braat, DD. Brewaeys, AM. Dolfing, JG. (2003). Health-related quality of life in relation to gender and age in couples planning IVF treatment. Hum Repr, 18(7):1536-43.
11. Fink, EL. Anestis, MD. Selby, EA. Joiner, TE. (2010). Negative urgency fully mediates the relationship between alexithymia and dysregulated behaviours. Personality and Mental Health,4: 284–293.
12. Flynn, KE. Lin, L. Bruner, DW. Cyranowski, JM. Hahn, EA. (2016). Sexual satisfaction and the importance of sexual health to quality of life throughout the life course of U. S. adults. J Sex Med, 13(11):164- 250.
13. Giblin, P. (2014). Men reconnecting spirituality and sexuality. Journal of spirituality in mental health, 16(2): 74-88.
14. Li, H. Yan, CL. Zhu, SJ. Lei, J. (2010). Humiliation Feeling of Infertile Women and Its Relevant Factors. Chin Gene Practice, 13:1627-9.
15. Monga, M. Alexandrescu, B. Katz, SE. Stein, M. Ganiats, T. (2004). Impact of infertility on quality of life, marital adjustment, and sexual function. Urology, 63(1):126-30.
16. Remennick, L. (2000). Childless in the Land of Imperative Motherhood: Stigma and coping among infertile Israeli women. Sex Roles, 43:82141.
17. Slade, P. Neill, CO. Simpson, AJ. Lashen, H. (2007). The relationship between perceived stigma, disclosure patterns, support and distress in new attendees at an infertility clinic. Hum Reprod, 22: 230-917.
- Abstract Viewed: 0 times
- e10 Downloaded: 0 times