COVID-19- or Tramadol-induced Seizure: A Differential Diagnosis in Young People COVID-19 induced seizure or tramadol
International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Forensic Medicine,
Vol. 10 No. 4 (2020),
16 November 2020
Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) was first declared in December 2019 from Wuhan, China [1, 2]. It then has been reported a pandemic in March 2020 by the World Health Organization . Clinical features of COVID-19 are different from asymptomatic to mild to moderate symptoms, such as fever, headache, myalgia, sore throat, anosmia, cough, fatigue headache, hemoptysis, and dyspnea to the life-threatening complications, including shock, pneumonia, acute respiratory distress syndrome, myocarditis, myocardial infarction, acute kidney injury, multi-organ failure, and even death [1, 2].
- COVID-19; Tramadol; Seizure
How to Cite
2. Nalleballe K, Reddy Onteddu S, Sharma R, et al. Spectrum of neuropsychiatric manifestations in COVID-19. Brain Behav Immun. 2020; 88:71-74.
3. Fotuhi M, Mian A, Meysami S, Raji CA. Neurobiology of COVID-19. J Alzheimers Dis. 2020; 76(1):3-19.
4. Lahiri D, Ardila A. COVID-19 Pandemic: A Neurological Perspective. Cureus. 2020; 12(4):e7889.
5. Radbruch L, Grond S, Lehmann KA. A risk-benefit assessment of tramadol in the management of pain. Drug Saf. 1996; 15(1):8-29.
6. Taghaddosinejad F, Mehrpour O, Afshari R, Seghatoleslami A, Abdollahi M, Dart RC. Factors related to seizure in tramadol poisoning and its blood concentration. J Med Toxicol 2011; 7:183-8.
7. Sarjami S, Pajoumand A. One-year epidemiological study of acute adult and adolescent poisoning admitted to Loghman Hospital. Sci J Forensic Med 2008, 13(4): 235-240
8. Rahimi H R, Soltaninejad K, Shadnia Sh. Acute tramadol poisoning and its clinical and laboratory findings. J Res Med Sci. 2014 Sep; 19(9): 855–859.
9. Shadnia S, Soltaninejad K, Heydari K, Sasanian G, Abdollahi M. Tramadol intoxication: a review of 114 cases. Hum Exp Toxicol 2008; 27:201-5.
10. Khoshideh B, Arefi M, Ghorbani M, Akbarpour S, Taghizadeh F. Clinical and laboratory findings of rhabdomyolysis in opioid overdose patients in the intensive care unit of a poisoning center in 2014 in Iran. Epidemiol Health. 2017; 39:e2017050.
- Abstract Viewed: 42 times
- PDF Downloaded: 54 times