The Frequency and Risk Factors of Delayed Graft Function in living Donor Kidney Transplantation and Its Clinical Impact on Graft and Patient Survival in Part of Middle East
Vol. 17 No. 1 (2020),
26 January 2020
Delayed graft function (DGF) is a form of acute renal failure which results in increased post-transplantation allograft immunogenicity and risk of acute rejection episodes in addition to decreased long-term survival. Its incidence and risk factors have been extensively studied, especially after deceased donation. Until now, only few data has been published on DGF in living donor kidney transplant recipients. The present study was performed to investigate the frequency and risk factors of DGF among living- kidney transplant recipients. In this retrospective study, data had been collected from existing local hospital registries in three countries (Iran, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) , and Kuwait ).
-Perico N, Cattaneo D, Sayegh MH, Remuzzi G. Delayed graft function in kidney transplantation. The Lancet. 2004; 364(9447): 1814-27.
-Salamzadeh J, Sahraee Z, Nafar M, Parvin M. Delayed graft function (DGF) after living donor kidney transplantation: A study of possible explanatory factors. Ann Transplant. 2012; 17(3): 69-76
-Park HS, Hong YA, Kim HG, et al. Delayed graft function in living-donor renal transplantation: 10-year experience. Transplant Proc 2012, 44 (1): 43-6
-Ghadiani MH, Peyrovi S, Mousavinasab, et al. Delayed graft function, allograft and patient survival in kidney transplantation. Arab J NephrolTranspl 2012, 5 (1): 19-24.
-Kwon OJ, Ha MK, Kwak JY, et al. Theimpact of delayed graft function on graft survival in Linving donor transplantation. Transplant Proc 2003, 35: 92-3
-Senel FM, Karakayali H, Moray G, et al. Delayed graft function: predictive factors and impact on outcome in living-related kidney transplantations. Ren Fail 1998, 20 (4): 589-95
-Narayanan R, Cardella CJ, Cattran DC, et al. Delayed graft function and the risk of death with graft function in living donor kidney transplant recipients. Am J Kidney Dis 2010, 56 (5): 961-70.
-Sharma AK, Tolani SL, Rathi GL, et al. Evaluation of factors causing delayed graft function in live related donor renal transplantation. Saudi J Kidney Dis Transpl 2010, 21 (2): 242-5
- Campbell S, McDonald S, Livingston B. Transplant waiting list. In: S McDonald, S Chang, L Excell (eds). Australia and New Zealand Dialysis and Transplant Registry (The Thirtieth Report). Adelaide: Australia and New Zealand Dialysis and Transplant Registry, 2007; 7–1
- Hawley C, Kearsley J, Campbell S et al. Estimated donor glomerular filtration rate is the most important donor characteristic predicting graft function in recipients of kidneys from live donors. Transpl Int 2007; 20: 64–72
-Issa N, Stephany B, Fatica R et al. Donor factors influencing graft outcomes in live donor kidney transplantation. Transplantation 2007; 83: 593–599
-Lim W, Chang S, Coates P, McDonald S. Parental donors in live-do- nor kidney transplantation associated with increased rejection rates and reduced glomerular filtration rates. Transplantation 2007; 84: 972–980
-CeckaJ.The UNOS renal transplant registry.ClinTranspl2001;1:21
Wong G et al.Waiting time between failare of fisrt graft and second kidney transplant and graft and patient survival. Transplantation 2016 Aug:100(8):1767-75
-Salahudeen AK, Haider N, May W. Cold ischemia and the reduced long-term survival of cadaveric renal allografts. Kidney Int 2004;65: 713-8.
- Michallet MC, Preville X, Flacher M, Fournel S, Genestier L, Revillard JP. Functional antibodies to leukocyte adhesion molecules in antithymocyte globulins. Transplantation 2003; 75: 657–662
-Mohsen Nafar, Nooshin Dalili, et al.The appropriate dose of thymoglobulin induction therapy in kidney transplantation. Clinical Transplantation .Volume 31, Issue 6 .June 2017
- Lopez M, Clarkson MR, Albin M, Sayegh MH, Najafian N: A novel mechanism of action for anti-thymocyte globulin: induction of CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ regulatory T cells. J Am Soc Nephrol 2006;17:2844-2853.
- Abstract Viewed: 322 times
- pdf/5263 Downloaded: 137 times