Angioemboliziation of Internal Pudendal Artery for Treatment of Long Lasting Gross Hematuria After Transurethral Resection of the Prostate
Vol. 16 No. 5 (2019),
21 October 2019
To present a case of recurrent gross hematuria after transurethral resection of the prostate that was refractory to endoscopic and open hemostatic interventions at the bladder neck and prostatic fossa. After performing angiographic evaluation of the pelvic vessels and finding the pseudoaneurysm, percutaneous embolization of arterial supply of the pseudoaneurysm was done. The location and type of lesion were successfully determined by angiography and controlled by angio-embolization of the internal pudendal artery. It seems that angiography can be helpful in the diagnosis and management of refractory bleeding after prostatectomy.
How to Cite
- Beckley I, Patterson B, Hamaday M, Vale J, Hrouda D. Case report: delayed hemorrhage from an accessory internal pudendal artery pseudoaneurysm after robotic radical prostatectomy: successful management with ct angiography and embolization. J Endourol. 2007; 21(8):923-5.
- Celtikci P, Ergun O, Tatar IG, Conkbayir I, Hekimoglu B. Superselective arterial embolization of pseudoaneurysm and arteriovenous fistula caused by transurethral resection of the prostate. Pol J Radiol. 2014; 79:352-5.
- Lopes RI, Mitre AI, Rocha FT, Piovesan AC, da Costa OF, Karakhanian W. Case report: late recurrent hematuria following laparoscopic radical prostatectomy may predict internal pudendal artery pseudoaneurysm and arteriovenous fistula. J Endourol. 2009; 23(2):297-9.
- Singh SK, Wadhwa P, Bapuraj JR, Jha V. Transcatheter embolization of internal pudendal artery pseudoaneurysm following traumatic urethral catheterization. Int Urol Nephrol. 2005; 37(1):93-4.
- Yekeler E, Ziylan O, Erol B, Numan F, Ander H. Pseudoaneurysm of the bulbourethral branch of the internal pudendal artery presenting as a urethral pseudodiverticulum in a child. Pediatr Radiol. 2004; 34(5):435-7.
- Wiedeman J, Mills J, Robison J. Special problems after iatrogenic vascular injuries. Surg Gynecol Obstet. 1988;166(4):323–26.
- Landereneau RJ, Synder WH., III Pelvic abcess or pseudoaneurysm: Diagnostic and therapeutic dilemma following iliac arterial trauma. Am J Surg. 1992;163(2):197–201.
- Jeong CW, Park YH, Ku JH, et al. Minimally invasive management of postoperative bleeding after radical prostatectomy: transarterial embolization. J Endourol. 2010; 24(9):1529–33.
- Abstract Viewed: 548 times
- PDF/4657 Downloaded: 92 times