Evaluation and monitoring the health of media staff using the occupational health management model
Researcher Bulletin of Medical Sciences,
Vol. 25 No. 1 (2020),
Objective: Considering the necessity of creating, maintaining and promoting the health of employees as the main organizational capital, this study was conducted with the aim of comprehensive and complete observation of the health status of employees in individual, occupational and organizational dimensions in order to achieve a comprehensive occupational health management model.
Materials and Methods: This study is an applied, qualitative and survey research in terms of objective, and is a qualitative study of survey and observational studies in terms of method, conducted during the years 2016 to 2018 in 300 workstations in 5 government buildings with sampling and snowball methods and data were collected with field method using technical apparatus and designed forms finalized by focus group discussions.
Results: Creating a health management model resulted in creating a database on the individual health status of employees and their workplace health and creating a management dashboard for instant monitoring of organizational health status. Using this model, it was possible to evaluate and monitor the personal and occupational health of employees at any time.
Conclusion: A managerial approach was achieved while classifying media related jobs by designing this occupational health model that, at each moment a clear, realistic and complete picture of the health status of the community was created and, strategies regarding the health status of the staff in accordance with the health status of the staff were adjusted, implemented and communicated
- Prevention; Health record; Health monitoring; Health information management
How to Cite
2. Ministry of Health Policy Council. Health in the Fifth Plan of Socio-Cultural Economic Development. Tehran: Ministry of Health and Medical Education;2009
3. Mozafari A, Mehregan A. Study for the Role of Television Programs on Community Health Development. Media Studies. 2013; 11: 91-106
4. Brikmeyer Cm, Bates DW, Brikmeyer JD. Will electronic order entry reduce health care costs? Clin Parac. 2002;5(2):67- 74.
5. Farshid P. Participation rate of graduates of medical records in the development of hospital information systems from the perspective of administrators and professors of medical records [dissertation]. Tehran: Iran University of Medical Sciences; 2002. [Persian]
6. Abdelhak M. Health information management of a technology evaluation. Madird: Madrid University; 2003.
7. Merriam-webster.com [homepage on the Internet]. USA: Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary; c2012 [update 2010Aug 10]. Available from: http://www.merriam-webster.com/
8. Wyatt JC, Wyatt SM. When and how to evaluate health information systems? Int J Med Inform. 2003;69(2-3):251-9.
9. Research and Development Department of Health and Medical Education. System, hospital information systems evaluation. Tehran: Research and Development Department of Health and Medical Education; 2009. [Persian]
10. Ahmadi M, Rezaei Hachess P, Shahmoradi L. Electronic Health Records: Structure, content and evaluation. Tehran: Jafari Publication:2008 [Persian]
11. Haghdoosti M. Study of the relationship physical properties of work environment with psychic health and job satisfaction [Thesis in Persian]. Tehran: Tarbiat Modares University, Faculty of Humanities Sciences; 2009.
12. Magnavita N. Work-related symptoms in indoor environments: a puzzling problem for the occupational physician. International Archives, Occupational and Environmental Health 2015; 88(2): 185-96
13. Rafieemanesh A, Lotfi H, Taheri R, Rahimpoor F. Investigation of occupational examinations in early diagnosis of occupational diseases. Occupational Health of Iran.2013;.10(3):12-19
14. Shokriazde Arani L. The Comparative study of Legal Medicine organization in Several Courties[Thesis in Persian]. Tehran: School of Allied the Health Sciences, Tehran University of Medical Sciences; 2005.
15. Mohseni H. Designing management standard procedures for health visits of environmentals office by identification of workplace health. Islamic azad University, north Tehran Branch, 2015. [Persian].
- Abstract Viewed: 0 times
- e1 Downloaded: 0 times