Explore the relationship among spiritual health, marital satisfaction, and demographic characteristics(age, duration of marriage, duration of employment) in Mafi hospital nurses of Susa city(2015)
Background and Objectives: In marital relations, several factors cause the mutual consent of spouses. In the meantime it seems that the role of spirituality in terms of having surrounded on all facets of human life is decisive. Therefore the aim of the present study was to examine the relationship among the spiritual health, marital satisfaction and demographic characteristics(age, duration of marriage, duration of employment) in Mafi hospital nurses of Susa city in 1394.
Materials and Methods: Statistical population consists of all the nurses of married men and women employed in the Nezam Mafi hospital, which includes 50 people(28 married women and 22 married men) in 1394, that of this number 44 persons(19 male and 25 married female) were selected as samples of this research according to the table of Morgan and the use of an available sampling. The method of this research is descriptive and correlation. The data collection tools were spiritual health questionnaire(Paloutzian and Ellison) and marital satisfaction(ANRECH). All data were analyzed using Pearson correlation and regression analysis via simultaneous method or Enter with version 19 of SPSS software.
Results: The results of this study indicated there is a meaningful relationship between the spiritual health and marital satisfaction in married nurses(R = 0.605), (p<0.05), as well as the results of the regression analysis showed gender was a significant Predictor for spiritual health and marital satisfaction but age, duration of marriage, period of employment were not significant predictors
Conclusion: According to the results obtained from this research can be said addressing the spiritual needs has been considered as an essential component of holistic care in nursing. Nurses have positive attitude to spirituality and a desire to improve the level of spiritual health and marital satisfaction. Therefore providing a platform for the promotion of these components can lead to do them.
Keywords: Spiritual health, Marital satisfaction, Nurses
- Rippentrop, A., et al. (2006). "The relationship of religiosity and spirituality to quality of life among cancer patients." Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings 13(1): 31-37.
- Mueller, P., et al. (2001). " Religious involvement, spirituality, and medicine: implications for clinical practice." Mayo Clin ProcDec 76(12): 25-35.
- Safayirad, A., et al. (2010). "The relationship between spiritual well-being and mental health of university students,." Quarterly Journal of sabzevar university of Medical Sciences 17(4): 274-280. [Persian].
- Omedware, S. (2006). "Spiritual health, concepts and challenges." Specialized interdisciplinary journal of Qur'an research 1(1). [ Persian].
- Asfahane, M. (2009). " Spiritual health and the views." Journal of Medical Ethics 4(14).
- Wagaee, Y., et al. (2007). "Study of factors associated with marital satisfaction of employees at two University of birjand." Journal of birjand University of medical sciences 16(4): 50-43. [ Persian].
- Ahmadzadeh, A. (2002). "The relationship between marital satisfaction and mental health among male and female secretaries working in the secondary school
section of the city of Tehran." Master thesis. Tarbiat Moallem University, Faculty of psychology and educational sciences, Department of counseling. [Persian].
- attari, y., et al. (2003). "Simple and multiple relationship religious attitude, optimism and attachment styles with the consent married men in marital Shahid Chamran University students." Journal of education and psychology at the University of Shahid Chamran University of Ahvaz. 3(13-1): 93-110. [Persian].
- Attarode, A, et al. (2011). "The relationship of spiritual health and the satisfaction of nursing staff in the hospital, Shahid Hashemi Nejad Mashhad." Journal of the Faculty of nursing and midwifery, birjand University of medical sciences 2: 162-156. [Persian].
- Asgari, P., et al. (2008). "The relationship between religious beliefs with the spiritual health." University students on the new free Iran. in psychology. [Persian].
- Rohane, A. and D. m. poor (2006). "The relationship between the practice of religious beliefs with the marital happiness and satisfaction in Islamic Azad University of mobarakeh." Knowledge and research in psychology 36: 206-189. [Persian].
- Slavko., z. and m. Robert (2010). "Differences predictors of sexual satisfaction and in sexwalsatinsfactio between female and maleuni versity students in Slovenia." Psychiatry denuding 3: 425-429.
- Colleen, S., et al. (2003). "Effect of spiritual well-being on end-of-life despair in terminally-ill cancer patients. ." THE LANCET 361.
- Morgan, P., et al. (2006). " Spiritual well-being, religious coping, and the quality of life of African American breast cancer treatment: a pilot study." Department of Nursing, Fayetteville State University 17(2): 73-77.
- Mardani, M. and V. Shahraki (2010). "the relationship between mental health and quality of life in cancer patients." Journal of shaheed sadoughi university of Medical Sciences 18(2): 111-117. [Persian].
- Yasamenagat, P. and M. Yousefi (2010). "The relationship between job involvements with Spiritual health faculty members." the journal of organizational and job advice 3(8): 110-125. [Persian]
- Razaey, M., et al. (2006). "Relationship between frequency of cancer patients with pulmonary oslamet invoke spiritual under chemotherapy,” Iranian Journal invoke spiritual under chemotherapy,” Iranian Journal of nursing 20(25): 61-55. [Persian]
- Kaslow, F. Robison J. A. (1994). Long - Term satisfying Marriages the American journal of Family Therapy. Vol. 24, No 2
- Salsman, J., et al. (2011). "Spiritual well-being and health-related quality of life in colorectal cancer: a multi-site examination of the role of personal meaning." Supportive Care in Cancer 19(6): 757-764.
- Dalmida, S., et al. (2011). "Spiritual Well-Being and Health-Related Quality of Life Among African-American Women with HIV/AIDS." Apply Res Quall Life 6(2): 139-157.
- Asgari, P., et al. (2009). "The relationship between religious beliefs with the spiritual health." University students on the new free Iran. in psychology.
- Alahbakhshian, M., et al. (2010). " Survey on relationship between spiritual wellbeing and quality of life in multiple sclerosis patients." Zahedan Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 12 (3): 29-33. [Persian]
- Bigdeli, E. and S. Karimzadeh (2006). " The effect of factors causing stress on mental health nurses in Semnan." Semnan University Medical Sciences Journal 8 (2): 6-9. [Persian]
- Yasamenagat, P., et al. (2009). "The relationship between job involvement with spiritual health faculty members." the journal of organizational and job advice 3(8): 110-125.
- Craven, R., et al. (2003). "Fundamental of Nursing: Human Health and Function. 4th ed. Philadelphia." Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins: 83-92.
- Rowe, M. and R. Allen (2004). "Spirituality as a Means of Coping with Chronic Illness." Am J Health Studies 19(1): 62-67.
- Livneh, H., et al. (2004). "Patterns of Psychosocial Adaptation to Chronic Illness and Disability: A Cluster Analytic Approach." Psychology, Health & Medicine 9(4): 411-430.
- Rezaei, M., et al. (2008). "Spiritual well-being in Cancer Patients who undergo chemotherapy." Hayat 14(3, 4): 33-39. [Persian]
Under Bethesda Statement on Open Access Publishing (June 20, 2003), cience-research Journal of Pizhūhish dar dīn va salāmat are fully compliant with open access mandates, by publishing its articles under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0). Authors retain copyright of their work and can deposit their publication in any repository. This means that articles can be freely reused by the author and others as long as the article is properly cited. Published articles in Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences Journals can be deposited immediately into an online repository without any cost. This articles can be, printed, archived in a collection, included in course-packs, and distributed without restrictions. Please read the full Creative Commons License for further information.