Prostate cancer is one of the most common malignancies in men; the main reported pathology is adenocarcinoma while there are few published cases of prostate lymphoma. There isn’t enough data regarding the natural history and best management of prostate lymphoma. In this paper, we have described a case of prostate lymphoma that managed with combined modality treatment and have been survived for three years.
- Rakhsha A, Kashi AS, Mofid B, Houshyari M. Biochemical progression-free survival in localized prostate cancer patients treated with definitive external beam radiotherapy. Electron Physician. 2015 Oct 19;7(6):1330-5.
- Bostwick DG, Iczkowski KA, Amin MB, Discigil G, Osborne B. Malignant lymphoma involving the prostate. Cancer 83(4):732–738.
- Chu PG, Huang Q, Weiss LM. Incidental and concurrent malignant lymphomas discovered at the time of prostatectomy and prostate biopsy: a study of 29 cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2005; 29:693–699.
- Terris MK, Hausdorff J, Freiha FS. Hematolymphoid malignancies diagnosed at
the time of radical prostatectomy. J Urol. 1997 Oct;158(4):1457-9.
- Petrakis G, Koletsa T, Karavasilis V, et al. Primary prostatic lymphoma with components of both diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) and MALT lymphoma. Hippokratia. 2012 Jan;16(1):86-9.
- Judith AF, Robert HY. Malignant lymphoma of the genitourinary tract. Current Diagnostic Pathology. 1997; 4:145–69.
- Alvarez CA, Rodriguez BI, Perez LA. Primary diffuse large B-cell lymphoma of the prostate in a young patient. Int Braz J Urol. 2006; 32:64–5.
- Rao RN, Bansal M, Raghuvanshi S, Ansari MS, Neyaz Z. Diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma of the prostate presenting with urinary outlet obstruction: A case report. Urol Ann. 2015 Jan-Mar;7(1):100-3.
- Tomaru U, Ishikura H, Kon S, Kanda M, Harada H, Yoshiki T. Primary lymphoma of the prostate with features of low grade B-cell lymphoma of mucosa associated lymphoid tissue: a rare of urinary obstructions. J Urol. 1999; 162:496–7.
- Oosterheert JJ, Budel LM, Vos P, Wittebol S. High levels of serum prostate-specific antigen due to PSA producing follicular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Eur J Haematol. 2007; 79:155–8.
- Wang C, Jiang P, Li J. Primary lymphomas of the prostate: two case reports and a review of the literature. Contemp Oncol (Pozn). 2012;16(5):456-9. doi:10.5114/wo.2012.31781. Epub 2012 Nov 20.
- Sarris A, Dimopoulos M, Pugh W, Cabanillas F. Primary lymphoma of the prostate: good outcome with doxorubicin-based combination chemotherapy. J Urol. 1995; 153:1852–1854.
- Fukutani K, Koyama Y, Fujimori M, Ishida T. Primary malignant lymphoma of the prostate: report of a case achieving complete response to combination chemotherapy and review of 22 Japanese cases. Nippon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi. 2003; 94:621–625.
- Mounedji-Boudiaf L, Culine S, et al. Primary, highly malignant B-cell lymphoma of the prostate. Apropos of a case and review of the literature. Bull Cancer. 1994; 81:334–337.
- Chargari C, Gillion N, Ghalibafian M, Ribrag V, Girinsky T, Magné N. [A rare case of primitive prostatic large B-cell lymphoma and review of literature]. Cancer Radiother. 2009 Jan;13(1):69-71.
- Csomor J, Kaszás I, Kollár B, et al. Prolonged survival using anti-CD20 combined chemotherapy in primary prostatic intravascular large B-cell lymphoma. Pathol Oncol Res. 2008 Sep;14(3):281-4.
- Essadi I, Ismaili N, Tazi E, et al. Primary lymphoma of the head and neck: Two case reports and review of the literature. Cases J. 2008; 1:426.
- Fukutani K, Koyama Y, Fujimori M, Ishida T. [Primary malignant lymphoma of th prostate: report of a case achieving complete response to combination chemotherapy and review of 22 Japanese cases]. Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi. 2003 Sep;94(6):621-5.
- Ghose A, Baxter-Smith DC, Eeles H, Udeshi U, Priestman TJ. Lymphoma of the prostate treated with radiotherapy. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 1995; 7:134.