Introduction: Leadership style is one of the most important elements of leadership or management position in labor industries. Leadership style is not how a manager or leader behaves in a given situation, but also how other employees and subordinates understand a behavior. Leadership style of a manager is a field in which such differences may occur easily. Therefore, managers not only should pay attention to the exact perception, but also predict other perception and be able to properly respond in different situations.
Material and Methods: The statistical sample consists of 18 senior executives (manager and matron) of teaching hospitals and 125 middle managers at clinical and administrative departments of hospitals. Data collection tool is a standard questionnaire of leadership effectiveness and flexibility by Hersey and Blanchard. Data were analyzed using descriptive and non-parametric tests (Kruskal-Wallis, Fisher) through SPSS 17 software.
Results: The results showed significant difference of leadership style from perspectives of managers and their subordinates based on Fisher test p=0.024.
Conclusion: There is a significant difference between leadership style from perspective of managers and their subordinates that reflects the weakness of managers communicating with subordinates. Thus, providing feedback by subordinates can improve the relationship between managers and subordinate as well as increase the awareness of managers and their subordinates.
- Brinia v. Male educational leadership in Greek primary schools. International Journal of Educational Management.2011; 25 (2): 165.
- Jamalabadi S. study of the relationship between leadership style and mental health in staff personnel of central building of shiraz medical science, health management, management and medical information of shiraz college.2009:13.
- Byrne G, Bradley F. Cultures influence on leadership efficiency: how personal and national culture affect leadership style. Journal of Business Research 2007; 60(2: 168-175.
- Chen Chen J, Colin S. Leadership effectiveness, leadership style and employee readiness. Leadership and Organizational Development Journal. 2005; 26(4):281-290.
- ShermerHorn JR, management of organizational behavioral. Parizi Irannejad M, modiran publication, 2001: 438-440.
- Arab M, Tajvar M, Akbari F. Styles of hospital administration and personal characteristics of managers and staffs. Journal of Health College and institute of health research. 2007; 4(3):154-176.
- Akhtarshojaee A, Nazari Ak, Vahidi R Gh. The relationship of leadership style and job satisfaction of nurses in medical centers affiliated to Tabriz University of medical science. Hakim research journal. 2005; 4:23.
- Mosadeghred AM. Study of the relationship between leadership style and hospital efficiency in medical university of Isfahan. Department of Administrative Sciences Economy 4.7th year.
- kokinen L, konu A, viltanen Personnel management in finish social and healthcare. Leadership in health services. 2007; 20 (3):184-194.
- Rafiq Awan M, Mahmood kh . Relationtionship among leadership style, organizational culture among commitment in
university libraries. Library management. 2010; 31(4/5): 253-266.
- Thach E. The impact of executive coaching and 360 degree feedback on leadership effectiveness. Leadership and Organizational Development Journal.2002; 23(4):205-214.
- Van Dierendonk D, Haynes C, Borril C, Stride C. Effects of upward feedback on leadership behavior toward subordinates. Journal of Management Development. 2007; 26(3): 228-236.
- Poorfarzad Z, Ghamrizare Z, Vanaki Z, ghorbani M, Zamani M. Evaluation Performance of headnurses in the Arak Teaching hospitals. Shahed Bimonthly Researched journal.2009; 18(90):1-5.
- Nasiripoor A, Helali Banab M, Raeisi P. The leadership style of district health network managers and performance indices in Eastern Azarbaijan. modiriyat salamat. 2008; 12(36).
- kavari S A. styles of leadership in hospitals and provide the appropriate model. Management and health information journal.2000; 4(9:19-30.
- Safee M. the difference between view of teachers and managers about leadership style of managers in public girls and boys schools of Shiraz. Research and Teaching course, organization of management and planning of fars.2002-2003:4-16.